![]() |
| Jeppesen House |
At the entrance to the driveway were piles of trusses that will be added to both houses, including their garages.
I asked if they lost materials when so much snow fell and the carpenter said, "Yeah, we'll probably find some things when the snow melts."
Looking around, I could see that this was possible but what I meant was: Are some boards damaged enough by snow and rain to render them unusable?
He explained that, in general, the wood could withstand a lot of moisture and would be alright but if they got saturated and then froze, that could pull wood fibers apart.
![]() |
| Looking from the laundry room, past the kitchen, into the living room |
With the trusses on the lot, it looks like the roof will be up soon. However, there is a winter storm warning again this evening! I think I'll go back this afternoon and shovel out the floors of my house.





2 comments:
I love this last picture. You should paint those vertical support beams red and white stripes. Then it would look like the candy cane forest from Candyland!
Great idea! Maybe we'll try that with photo shop rather than real paint.
Post a Comment