Friday, January 20, 2017

Mañana

I should never use the word "tomorrow", not when plans are weather-dependent.

Storms delayed the framing of the other house on Thursday but the carpenters braved falling snow and cold temperatures to begin that work on Friday. They completed the basement framing, including the corner stairway and the joists for the ceiling and floor.



The clouds cleared in the early afternoon and when I went over, around 3 PM, they were slapping down the final sheets of chip board for a floor.


I asked if they would be working on Saturday was informed that their wives would file for divorce if they went to work again on Saturday. They probably wouldn't have worked anyway. Today (Saturday) we woke up to at least 2 inches of snow. Another 2 inches lay on top of that when we shoveled our walks and driveway at noon, as snow continued to fall. It cleared by the afternoon but snow is forecast for the next 4 days. I look forward to seeing my new floorboards protected by a roof some day soon!

Update: on Monday, the 23rd, Steve and I stopped by during the day. Snow covered the work done on the 20th. Note the low sun; it was about 11:30 AM and all was quiet on the lot.


No comments: