On Monday, the roofing crew came in and finished placing wood sheets on the roof. We are covered but there is still a lot of snow inside the house.
Steve and I have been walking through and noticed a few items that seem to have been forgotten, such as the wall between the sewing room and the exercise room (aka playroom). We notified Jeff.
On Tuesday the first thing I noticed was that a dumpster had been delivered. There is no new snow in the last week but temperatures have remained low so there has been little melting. Nevertheless, they managed to dig out a lot of the scraps and trash that has been accumulating in the snow.
On Wednesday, I came by just after noon and before I left, the roofers arrived to begin rolling out the underlayment. It is a moisture barrier, formerly known as tar paper and more recently as felt paper.
Other work had been done. The wall between the sewing room and playroom was up and the secret passage between my room and the sewing room was opened. Oops! I wasn't going to say anything about that!
![]() |
| The northwest corner |
![]() |
| The south face |
![]() |
| Front porch -- some day! |







No comments:
Post a Comment