Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Glass in the Windows

This morning Steve decided to shovel out the house and I sent word to Jeff that we would be coming to the house to shovel it as soon as Steve got off work. Steve's colleague, David Allred, offered to come and help. I had a 4 o'clock appointment so I wouldn't get there to work with them until after that. I went to the lot at about 3 o'clock to drop off snow shovels and an ice scraper and found Jeff and Brian, already there shoveling. I don't know whether it was on their day's plan to do it or perhaps Jeff thought I was complaining when I sent him the text.

In any case, they shoveled the house and,later, Steve and David shoveled the garage out. By the time I came to join them, we were working by the light of the car headlights. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photograph of us hard at work (the final photo below was taken on Thursday morning).

If you look in the corner of the room in the above photo, you'll notice what looks like a window and, yes, it is a window!
They had already installed all the windows in the north unit and they were installing windows in our house this afternoon.






1 comment:

display name said...

I brought up the first picture of Dad shoveling out the snow. Zanna was nearby, so I asked Zanna if she wanted to see Grandma and Grandpa's new house. She glanced at the image on my phone, and asked with surprise, "They live in a farm? It looks like he's shoveling hay."