On Saturday, February 11, we visited the house after a few days of being gone to RootsTech. Progress consisted of waste water lines -- drains -- throughout the house!
This morning I went by to see more drain pipes, some that are vented up and out the roof. Here is the laundry room.
In addition, I met the guys installing the furnace and air ducts. I asked why vents are always directly under (or, in the basement, over) the windows. After some discussion, we determined that it was tradition.
He asked where I wanted the thermostat. I suggested one place but I think he decided on a different place. Is there a disadvantage to having it close to an open stairwell?
I am curious about how the dry wall will be placed between the dining area of the living room and the stairwell. The radon vent is meant to carry the gas up and out above the roof with a 4 inch pipe. It is offset from the wall framing so that it doesn't fit within the wall studs. I need to remember to ask Jeff about that.



No comments:
Post a Comment