A new delivery was made today. We should have interior doors installed by the end of the week. Included in the delivery were the baseboards.
And among the doors are two very unusual ones. See them on the left?
The one with the door knob hole on at the bottom is upside down and the knob will be at the top of this very short door, to be located under the stairwell.
Above that, at the landing of the stairwell, will be a door giving access to the slide.
I was nervous about seeing the doors and baseboards stacked in an open garage. After the incident of the stolen window, I am worried about unsecured items on the building site.
Addressing this concern, Jeff brought in and installed temporary locks for the exterior doors. They are not new, beautiful knobs because they are likely to collect paint or plaster spatters.
They won't protect things that are stored in the garage though and we won't get a garage door installed for another three or four weeks. I visited the student apartment next door and asked them to keep an eye out for suspicious activity. At the same time I checked to see if they had any new windows installed in their apartment. They didn't.





No comments:
Post a Comment