Monday, April 24, 2017

Catch up: Stucco, Doors, Flooring, and More!

It has been a busy two weeks! And there is progress to report.

First, the stucco is completed!  The stucco contractor checked, double checked, and triple checked the color choice. When it was finally going up, he said to Steve that he had never combined those two colors but admitted it looked nice.

 I am pleased with it and several others have said that it looks nice.




The above photos were taken from the 15th of April through the 19th.

The interior doors were all hung by the 17th--
-- including the small doors from the landing for the slide platform and the lower door accessing the space under the stair landing.
 By the 18th, they were installing the door casings
and by the end of the week, were working on
window sills and other trim work. 

 The week before, I had met with the cabinet maker, Todd, who wanted me to decide on the wood and finish for the kitchen and other cabinets. He gave me samples to look at and I came up with a decision -- a different one about five times. Finally I settled on a color and style and now am waiting for a sample of my choices.

Then on about Thursday (the 13th), I met with the finish carpenter, Glenn, to lay out the closets, the shelving for the pantry and food storage room, and to discuss the stairs between the sewing room and master closet. When I seemed indecisive, he made suggestions and for the most part, I took his advice.

They are penciled in and will soon be installed.

Friday, the 21st, I got a call that the vinyl plank flooring would be going in starting that day. The installers had a cancellation and were able to move our date up.

Most of the wood grain flooring is now installed; the bathrooms have their underlayment but not the vinyl tile itself.

The other unit of our twin home is further behind. Doors are still waiting to be hung. But a lot can happen inside a week!

No comments: