Saturday, August 6, 2011

Grandbabies

Having grandchildren isn't really painless. Loving and understanding what your daughter is going through allows you to share the pain. I wish I could say it diminishes the pain experienced by your daughter but I don't suppose it does.
It is also a great delight to be delivered.
Little Cici came into the world on Friday, July 29th at 5:45 PM. She is beautiful! Here is the proof:
Daughter M and I decided that had Cici been born even 100 years ago, she would probably not have survived the birth. She had managed to wrap her umbilical cord around her neck twice, pulled close to its placenta. The doctor worked fast to deliver her from strangulation.
I was able to stay close by for a few days after she was born and outside of some nursing discomfort, both mother and baby seem to be doing alright. I was sad to leave.
Daddy and brother are still adjusting to having a new little one in the house. They have to adjust to more than just Cici's presence. I took Cici's brother's bed while I was there and my daughter's in laws are expected this weekend. When they leave, Auntie C will arrive. In addition, there are always friends stopping in to deliver presents, dinner, or well-wishes. So their little apartment will be buzzing for a while.

No comments: