Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Ground Breaking News

This isn't a beautiful picture but December 1 it is the day I officially will call the day of our ground breaking. The track hoe and its excavating crew burrowed under the side walk to connect our very own sewer line to the system and began pushing dirt around to dig foundations. Trees were yanked up willy-nilly and although I had wondered which bushes to keep, it is clear that none of them will be spared. The piles of dirt surrounding the trenches for the foundation just about reach every fence line.

They need to work fast whenever the weather is clear enough to work at all. We have had a number of snow storms and very cold weather. Besides that, the daylight hours are few and I haven't seen crews onsite before the early afternoon. I worry about how effectively concrete will work when it is so cold.
Frames for the footings went in today.

No comments: