Friday, November 11, 2016

Ground Soon to Break

Big news!


We have the funding to permit building! And we should have our building permit any day.

One more delay was my own doing. Just before the plans were to be reviewed by the Planning Department, I had an epiphany. Our floor plan was backwards! It had to be reversed, that is, flipped over with a vertical axis. This would allow a reasonably sized front door and a porch -- although it would face west and not toward the street. I was so convinced that it was the right thing to do, I told Jeff the Builder and Steve that I would no longer feel the need for the walk-out basement. This trade off would cover the cost of redrawing and re-engineering the plans. 

Jeff, to his credit, did not roll his eyes when I explained the change and that same day, I ran to the Community Development office and pulled the plans they had been given. Meanwhile Jeff said he would reverse and redraw the plans and get them over to the engineering office. 

The construction engineers took forever! But the plans are back at Community Development now.

As soon as the City says "Go!" and Jeff can schedule an excavation team, we'll break ground. I'll be sure to post pictures.

No comments: