Monday, May 16, 2016

Final Plans

The plans for the new house are approaching the final stage. The builder has an engineer who is getting things ready to submit for a building permit. Before he does that, we need to clear up a modification on a development agreement with the City. We need to have a formal request approved for an amendment to the Development Agreement. I will address the City Council Tomorrow, May 17th, about that request. 



Here are the floor plans for the basement and main floors of our house. I have drawn in a couple of details (photo shopped in a jpg version) that Jeff didn't have in the floor plans that he's giving the City Council. I think he didn't want to complicate things by showing the plans that include the slide between the main floor and the basement. We are still unsure of the material for the slide but Jeff is confident we can work it in. Much of the basement of our house (Joan's too) will be unfinished. I think I'll paint the concrete floor like streets for rollerskating.

The street, 300 N, is to the north of the houses. Joan's house is in front (north) and ours is in back, with a long driveway. I want to collect as much light for passive solar gain in the winter as possible; hence the south windows. I will need to make sure the eaves from the roof shelter the windows from direct sunlight in summer. I don't think Jeff is used to doing much passive solar design. 

Anyway, that is where we are on the plans for the house. We still don't know how long it will take to get the building permit, but until then, we cannot break ground. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Deon said...

These are not the final plans after all. See the post on November 11th.