As of today, Dad and I are the owners of a vacant lot on 300 North in Provo, between 600 and 700 East. Joan is also an owner. We plan to build a pair of twin homes and, right now, Joan is on board for moving into the other one.
So the next step is to come up with house plans. Jeff Adams will be our builder and he is helping us design the houses. It is clear that he is used to building large homes.
The idea is to downsize to a human being sized house and both the property restrictions and our budget are going to hold us to that. So it will be small but I still hope to incorporate some creative and unique features that are just not found in mass-produced tract homes or twin home developments.
I decided to share some things I am considering here. --and you can tell me what you think or make suggestions too.
I'll start off with this one although it is much bigger than something I will be able to replicate in our new house but I really do like the idea of having a slide to get to the basement! I think it appeals to me particularly after visiting the salt mines near Saltzburg; they had slides to get quickly from one level down to another deep inside a mountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment